PM, Kushner clashed over continued Israeli strikes on Oct. 7 terrorists — officials




The main dispute during Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s meeting on Monday with US special envoy Jared Kushner was over the premier’s insistence that Israel continue carrying out strikes on Hamas operatives who allegedly took part in the terror group’s October 7 onslaught, an official present at the sit-down told The Times of Israel.
Earlier this month, Israel acknowledged having established a special operation to hunt down and kill every single Palestinian terrorist involved in the October 7, 2023, invasion and atrocities.
The mission has resulted in countless apparent violations of the ceasefire that Israel and Hamas inked in October 2025, but the US-controlled Board of Peace has not adamantly objected, as the Israel Defense Forces in most cases has claimed those targeted posed an imminent threat to troops.
For months, the Board of Peace prioritized coaxing Hamas to accept its disarmament proposal, which it finally did on July 30.
Once in place, the plan envisions both sides immediately halting all military operations, though Netanyahu has come out against the proposal and raised that specific issue during his meeting with Kushner, according to the official present.
While Kushner assured Netanyahu that he would not oppose Israeli strikes against those who genuinely pose an “imminent threat,” US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior aide told the premier that the rationale should not be widely interpreted, the official said.

To the frustration of the Board of Peace delegation, Netanyahu insisted the strikes against participants in the October 7 attack would continue, according to the official, who added that no agreement was reached on the matter.
A second source briefed on the meeting confirmed the official’s account.
Hours after Kushner left Israel, the IDF carried out one of its deadliest strikes in months, targeting what it said was a gathering of senior Hamas operatives. Reports said at least six people were killed, including a child, and over 10 wounded in the strike, among them an elderly woman.
Even while theoretically understanding Israel’s desire to pursue October 7 terrorists, the continued harm to civilians in those strikes has been an increasing cause of concern for the Board of Peace, the official said.

In addition to violating the Board of Peace’s stalled disarmament plan, the policy laid out by Netanyahu could well go against Trump’s 20-point plan for ending the Gaza war, which the premier accepted in September of last year.
That proposal stated that Hamas members who “commit to peaceful co-existence and to decommission their weapons will be given amnesty.”
The official present at the Monday meeting said Kushner also took issue with Netanyahu’s refusal to allow recruits for the new Palestinian police force to leave the Strip for training in Egypt.
The Board of Peace disarmament plan envisions Hamas handing over its weapons to the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza’s new police force, in a process facilitated by the International Stabilization Force.
Kushner said Monday that he wants Hamas to begin handing over its weapons within a month, but without a sufficient number of already trained police recruits, there may not be anyone for Hamas to give its weapons to.

As a multimedia journalist, my job is to take the quality, fact-based journalism produced by The Times of Israel newsroom and make it accessible across every platform — from Instagram posts to podcasts to short-form videos.
This is how many, especially young people, consume news these days. But misinformation is rampant on social media. Our team at ToI produces accurate, responsible short-form reporting on Israel and the Jewish world.
If you believe in the importance of factual social media journalism, please consider joining our reader support group, The Times of Israel Community. Your financial support is essential to sustain responsible multimedia reporting.
— Gabriella Jacobs, multimedia journalist

We’re really pleased that you’ve read X Times of Israel articles in the past month.
That’s why we started the Times of Israel – to provide discerning readers like you with must-read coverage of Israel and the Jewish world.
So now we have a request. Unlike other news outlets, we haven’t put up a paywall. But as the journalism we do is costly, we invite readers for whom The Times of Israel has become important to help support our work by joining The Times of Israel Community.
For as little as $6 a month you can help support our quality journalism while enjoying The Times of Israel AD-FREE, as well as accessing exclusive content available only to Times of Israel Community members.
Thank you, David Horovitz, Founding Editor of The Times of Israel









During a Monday meeting, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US special envoy Jared Kushner clashed over Israel's continued strikes against Hamas operatives involved in the October 7 attack. Netanyahu insisted on continuing these strikes, despite concerns from the US-controlled Board of Peace regarding ceasefire violations and civilian casualties. Kushner acknowledged Israel's right to strike genuine "imminent threats" but cautioned against a broad interpretation. The Board of Peace's disarmament plan, which Hamas accepted on July 30, envisions an immediate halt to military operations, but Netanyahu opposes this. Kushner also raised concerns about Netanyahu's refusal to allow new Palestinian police recruits to train in Egypt, which is necessary for the disarmament plan. Hours after Kushner's departure, the IDF conducted a strike that reportedly killed six people, including a child.
© All rights to the original article belong to the source. Din Online shows a headline, an excerpt and a link only. The objectivity rating is computed automatically and is an estimate only.
Discussion
No comments yet — be the first to comment.