Trump cheers defense pact between Saudis, Turkey and Pakistan: ‘The Mideast is coming together’


Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz slowed over the weekend, data shows, following attacks on tankers, while US-Iran talks to resolve the Middle East conflict stall.
US President Donald Trump touts the defense pact inked earlier this month by Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Pakistan.
“It shows how the Middle East is coming together and how countries will finally be able to defend themselves in a more meaningful way,” Trump writes on Truth Social.

Hamas officials told senior US adviser Jared Kushner that they will only begin implementing the Board of Peace’s disarmament plan if Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu publicly commits to adhering to its terms as well, an Arab diplomat tells The Times of Israel.
Netanyahu has publicly come out against the proposal, and is unlikely to shift his position ahead of the October 27 Knesset election.
The Board of Peace is hoping that coaxing Netanyahu to quietly restore a halt on IDF strikes in Gaza will be sufficient enough to allow for Hamas to begin handing over its weapons, but the Arab diplomat says the terror group is unlikely to do so without a public announcement from the Israeli premier in which he expresses support for the disarmament plan.
Kushner has landed in Israel following his meetings in Egypt, and is slated to meet Netanyahu tomorrow.

Hamas says that it has asked the US-backed Board of Peace to “compel” Israel to accept a peace plan for Gaza after its leader met with US President Donald Trump’s envoy Jared Kushner in Egypt.
In a statement, the group says it called on the Board and mediating countries to “compel the occupation to implement all its obligations under the first phase, end all violations, halt killings and incursions, [and] approve the roadmap for the second phase” of the US-brokered ceasefire plan.

As a multimedia journalist, my job is to take the quality, fact-based journalism produced by The Times of Israel newsroom and make it accessible across every platform — from Instagram posts to podcasts to short-form videos.
This is how many, especially young people, consume news these days. But misinformation is rampant on social media. Our team at ToI produces accurate, responsible short-form reporting on Israel and the Jewish world.
If you believe in the importance of factual social media journalism, please consider joining our reader support group, The Times of Israel Community. Your financial support is essential to sustain responsible multimedia reporting.
— Gabriella Jacobs, multimedia journalist

We’re really pleased that you’ve read X Times of Israel articles in the past month.
That’s why we started the Times of Israel – to provide discerning readers like you with must-read coverage of Israel and the Jewish world.
So now we have a request. Unlike other news outlets, we haven’t put up a paywall. But as the journalism we do is costly, we invite readers for whom The Times of Israel has become important to help support our work by joining The Times of Israel Community.
For as little as $6 a month you can help support our quality journalism while enjoying The Times of Israel AD-FREE, as well as accessing exclusive content available only to Times of Israel Community members.
Thank you, David Horovitz, Founding Editor of The Times of Israel
Hamas has requested the US-backed Board of Peace to compel Israel to accept a peace plan for Gaza. This request follows a meeting between Hamas's leader and US President Donald Trump's envoy, Jared Kushner, in Egypt. Hamas stated it called on the Board and mediating countries to "compel the occupation to implement all its obligations under the first phase, end all violations, halt killings and incursions, [and] approve the roadmap for the second phase" of the US-brokered ceasefire plan.
© All rights to the original article belong to the source. Din Online shows a headline, an excerpt and a link only. The objectivity rating is computed automatically and is an estimate only.
Discussion
No comments yet — be the first to comment.