יום חמישי, אוגוסט 20, 2026 עברית|English Log in Free sign-up
LIVE
US Navy destroyer stranded for four days in South China Sea without bathrooms or AC – reportPrince Harry, Meghan, to move back to Britain after stepping down from royal duties – reportJewish WWII British special forces veteran who fought against Nazis in Africa dies, aged 100Border Police arrest suspect, seize 162 kg. of stolen avocados in central Israel farming communityFor Israelis, Europe is no longer a cheap flight awaySyria FM claims Israel was told that Turkey was not building forces before airbase strikes – report‘Tsunami’ of emigration reshapes Israel’s future, experts warnUS military created secret path through Hormuz, 10 million barrels of oil pass daily – reportUS national debt tops $40 trillion for first time, doubled under presidents Trump, Biden‘We do not trust Israeli judiciary’ says Hind Rajab’s grandmotherAustralia ‘Outraged’ at Israel Ending Probe of Aid Worker DeathA Tale of Two Trips: My Journey from Israel Traveler to Israel Travel SpecialistUS Navy destroyer stranded for four days in South China Sea without bathrooms or AC – reportPrince Harry, Meghan, to move back to Britain after stepping down from royal duties – reportJewish WWII British special forces veteran who fought against Nazis in Africa dies, aged 100Border Police arrest suspect, seize 162 kg. of stolen avocados in central Israel farming communityFor Israelis, Europe is no longer a cheap flight awaySyria FM claims Israel was told that Turkey was not building forces before airbase strikes – report‘Tsunami’ of emigration reshapes Israel’s future, experts warnUS military created secret path through Hormuz, 10 million barrels of oil pass daily – reportUS national debt tops $40 trillion for first time, doubled under presidents Trump, Biden‘We do not trust Israeli judiciary’ says Hind Rajab’s grandmotherAustralia ‘Outraged’ at Israel Ending Probe of Aid Worker DeathA Tale of Two Trips: My Journey from Israel Traveler to Israel Travel Specialist
Security

Syria FM claims Israel was told that Turkey was not building forces before airbase strikes – report

3h ago ·  Source: The Jerusalem Post 78Objectivity score78/100

Syria FM claims Israel was told that Turkey was not building forces before airbase strikes – report

US President Donald Trump told Axios that he had been briefed on the Israeli strikes against Syria, but declined to specify whether the briefing had come before or after the strikes occurred.

▶ Related video
💬 רוצים להגיב ולהצטרף לדיון? הצטרפו — חינם, ומקבלים גם את הדיג׳סט השבועי.
🗞️ In-depth summary

Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani informed Axios on Wednesday that Syria had previously assured Israel that it was not collaborating with Turkey to establish a military presence at the Abu al-Duhur airbase before the Israeli strikes on Tuesday. Shaibani asserted that "there was no intention to establish a Turkish base there, nor to establish a permanent Turkish military presence or deploy Turkish forces at the site." He also claimed the airbase was "largely empty" during the strikes. This follows a phone call last week between Mossad head Roman Gofman and Shaibani, discussing Turkey's military presence in Syria. Both Turkey and Syria condemned the Israeli attack, with Turkey's presidency attributing Israel's actions to "expansionist and destabilizing policies." US President Donald Trump confirmed he was briefed on the strikes but declined further comment, stating, "I can't talk about it."

Automatically generated summary based on the original article; quotes are from the source.
This story is based on reporting by The Jerusalem Post.
Read the full article at the source →

© All rights to the original article belong to the source. Din Online shows a headline, an excerpt and a link only. The objectivity rating is computed automatically and is an estimate only.

Related

Discussion

No comments yet — be the first to comment.

Add a comment